Google+ Followers

Friday, 17 January 2014

ON THE WINGS OF LOVE

SWEET LILAC CHALLENGE
'BUTTONS and/or LACE'
also

Sunday Stamper - Week 290 - On The Wings of Love
CHALLENGE



Hello Everyone, Thank you for popping in to have a look at my latest project and how I achieved the final result pictured above.
In my last blog I joked about my memory '(Oh! Memory is failing me a little...guess I am gonna need to start keeping notes lol!)' ...well, you guessed, I have my note book right here this time lol.

This project was completed in various stages

Firstly, I gently sanded and cleaned an MDF 7"X7 Plaque and based coated it with white matt emulsion. I took a stencil from my stash and layered Cosmic Shimmer 'Gold Pearl' Texture Paste through it. Once dry I gently buffed it. I took a selection of Distress Inks and blended them over the stenciled image into the background and again gently buffed the image.

The background paper and tickets were left over from the MDF Owl Project done previously. I tore a section and cut out a few tickets. I took my EK Sucess punch Pairings Large Punch & Coordinating Stamps Just For You http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk and punched three label squares, distressed them with DI various. I then used Momento black ink and stamped one of the Tim Holtz 'Words for Thought' stamps onto them  https://www.craftobsessions.co.uk and then secondary stamped the background paper with the same stamp. I had previously printed The cherub from images on The Graphics Fairy website http://thegraphicsfairy.com/ and had cut this out.

I assembled all and glued them in place with cosmic shimmer and hot glue. 

Now came the Christening of my Melt Pot.... I emptied a small amount of bees wax into my project pan (and boy was I nervous) turned the guage to Utee, placed the lid on and waited. I had a brush and kebab sick (wooden) at the ready as advised by Hels Sheridan https://www.facebook.com/hels.sheridan Once melted I lightly (or so I thought) coated the whole area with bees wax. It dries quick so I used my heat tool to even out the finish and remove excess bees was back to the pan with my brush. Once dry, again I gently buffed the whole image.

Background complete, I turned to the themes of the challenges....

'On the wings of love' ..at this point, I could't stopped singing the Jefferey Osbourne track...

Using Craft Artist and my Daisy Trail Digikit - Steampunk Curiosities I designed the Butterfly, flower and text layout, grouped them, but proceeded to enlarge the butterfly and print in individual elements. I cut them out and added colour to the butterfly and flower with Promarkers and to the text with distress inks. I also added a touch of glossy accents to the butterfly. All were then attached to the plaque with Pinflair Gel for dimension. 

The small butterflies were punched from vellum using an 'Anna Griffin' punch and were coloured using a Promarker 'winter berry' Limited Edition. They were attached with Pinflair using a cocktail stick.
'Buttons and Lace' - Having chosen my flowers for their vibrancy, I had to find lace... but oh! The piece I wanted to use wasn't the colour I needed...with a search through my Promarkers I found 'Oasis' and what a perfect match...so I coloured the lace..(and my fingers too lol) Then I searched my stashed and found the heart shaped buttons. Time to assemble, the lace was tied into two bows and all were glued in place using hot glue, finally adding a small butterfly to a bow with Pinflair.


To finish off I used a black Promarker to edge the plaque and a length of black organza ribbon the create the hanging cord.

Hope you have enjoyed reading how I created this project and thank you again ..



Happy Crafting ..... Bye for now

Krafti Karen x