Saturday 30 November 2013

Sweet Lilac Paper Flowers

NOVEMBER BLOG CHALLENGE - CHRISTMAS 

New to the blog challenge world and as I had fallen in love with Sweet Lilac Flowers, I had to make this one of my first challenges.



Having recently bought  some Sweet Lilac Flowers and also Craftwork Cards Christmas Post Kit, I felt they would compliment each other.

ITEMS USED
Craftwork Cards Christmas Post Kit

  • 6x6 white card & envelope
  • Paper Pad
  • Die cut Tag

Sweet Lilac Paper Flowers 

  • 3 x Red Poinsettia
  • 2 x Brown Poinsettia
Embellishments/Die cuts
  • Cheery Lyn Die - Holly Flourish
  • Brown ribbon - From Stash
  • Pearls (Coloured with Gold metallic Sharpie)
  • Gold Mirror Card

 
Picking a backing paper was my first challenge, but once I made my mind up there was no stopping my imagination. I cut a corner from the paper sheet using my Crafter's Companion cutter as it was able to cut a scalloped edge. I mounted this to the 6x6 white base card, attached the brown ribbon (from my stash) and using my hot glue gun, I attached the beautiful Poinsettias.

Using my Big Shot and the Cheery Lyn Holly Flourish die I cut two flourishes from Gold Mirror Card and attached them loosely behind the Poinsettias. I placed the Christmas Post Tag over the flourishes in 3D fashion using hot glue.

Finally, I coloured three pearls with a gold metallic Sharpie.


Hope you have enjoyed reading this blog and I must thank Jo Rice for her support and encouragement when I asked about Sweet Lilac and this challenge.

Best wishes

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment