Monday 9 June 2014

THE BIRDHOUSE


Hi Folks .... Thanks for popping in. I recently posted photos of this on facebook and the response took me by surprise, so I have decided to blog how I transformed the birdhouse.

Firstly I coated all of the project with Decoart Dove Grey for a base to work on. I added cosmic shimmer texture paste to the sides through a stencil. I added blue acrylic paint to the front edges of the roof and to the grooves on the roof. From my Pinflair paper pad stash I cut strips for the roof and glued them in place with Pinflair book binding glue which I also used to seal them. I used an EK Success stamp on the front and then used silver Buff-it to enhance the texture paste areas and also the remainder of the project. I distressed it all a little with distress inks. Using a Pinflair pearl wand Beads were added to the roof. Gems were added to the front eaves.
A spray of Sweet Lilac flowers were glued in place on the front along with a ribbon bow and a heart gem from my stash. 
Finally. I colored a tonic metal butterfly with the same acrylic blue paint I had used on the roof.

Hope you have enjoyed this....and thanks for poppin in.
 Take Care and Happy Crafting!!

Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment