The clock on the left is the first complete project and below is the story of how I achieved this result.
Firstly, I had to source the papers I had a vision of what I wanted and happened to come across the perfect papers on the Crafters Companion website (Downloads - August 2013 Parisian Florals) which I went ahead and printed several pages. I ripped a few pages into various sized pieces and decoupaged both the front and back boards using Pinflair Bookbinding glue, also sealing over with the same.
I then used various Staz On inks and wood mounted stamps from my stash to add interest to the front board, and also to distress the edges of both sections. (Having lightly sanded the edges first) By this time my fingers had gone through stages of being sticky, inky and gilded. (And Oh! I loved it)
The pendulum was gilded using flake and glitter glue with Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes.
|The front base section and the owl pendulum (static)|
|Once assembled and totally dry, I added some Sweet Lilac Flowers and some Cheery Lyn die cut Flourishes which I again sealed with Bookbinding glue.|