Saturday 30 November 2013

Dark of December - Christmas card


This is my first Clarity challenge and I have based this card on  'The Dark of December' verse stamp from Clarity Stamps

'I heard a bird sing...'
I began by die cutting a scalloped circle using an x-cut circle die on black card (from my stash), then I laid some of the Clarity Stamps Snowflakes stencils and sponged around them with Momento Brilliance Moonlight White. I then cut a piece of Hunkydory Snowfall Acetate and fixed this with red double sided tape to the reverse of the black card over the aperture.

For the aperture background, I used versamark and stamped the verse which I then burnished with Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearl. Using a circle punch, I punched a stencil from a scrap piece of paper and again versamarked the moon which I also burnished with Perfect Pearl. I then took the Clarity Stamp Deerscape stamp and inked with versamark, then burnished with Red Lipstick mica powder (Stamps Away).

I used 3D foam tape to mount the Deerscape piece into the aperture.

I finished the card by adding a piece of white organza ribbon, topped with a red scalloped circle which I stamped with the Clarity Sentiment Stamp 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year' .
Finally, I used Pinflair Silver Pearl Wand around the aperture, Ranger Red Stickles on the snowflakes and edged the card with a metallic silver Promarker. I then mounted the finished piece onto a white base card from my stash.

I also made a piece to compliment the card which could be used as a tag.


This is a close up of the moon on the tag burnished with Perfect Pearls and highlights with a silver gel pen.




Hope you have enjoyed reading this blog and I must thank Emma Burns for her support and guidance in blog techniques.

Best wishes

Karen









No comments:

Post a Comment